- Our School Picture Day is on September 6 from 8:00-12:00. Dress smart, uniform is not required.
- There is no school for students on August 25th -- TUSD Professional Learning Day
- On August 17 from 5:30-6:30pm will be Open House for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades.
- Join us on August 16 from 5:30-6:30pm for Kinder, 1st and 2nd grade Open House
- Come Meet The Teacher from 1:00-2:00 on August 3.
I can’t believe it is time for school to start! We are so excited to welcome your child to our new school year. Our teachers and staff are working hard to design many learning experiences to support the academic, social, and emotional development for each of our Grizzlies!
All students can eat breakfast and lunch for FREE this year!
If your child is going to eat a lunch from home, please remember to limit items like candy, cookies, and chips as those are often the only things a child will eat during lunch. We want your child to have things like high protein options, fruits, and veggies to fuel their brains for the hard work they do each day.
Grijalva does not allow hot chips of any kind, for example Hot Cheetos, Takis, Chester’s Fries, Ruffles Flamin Hot chips, Lays Flamin Hot chips, etc.
I know this is an exciting and maybe a bit nerve-wracking time for your child and your family. We are here to support you and your child as we transition back to school. Please let us know what questions or concerns you may have; we are here to help!
Wishing you well,
Students can be dropped off in the main parking lot (off Pin Oak) at the sidewalk from the passenger side of the car at 7:20 AM. For your child’s safety, please do not drop them off from the driver’s side of the car or in any other location in the parking lot. Students may also be dropped off along Drexel from the passenger’s side of the car. Please remember U-turns on Drexel are prohibited and violators may be ticketed by TPD.
Students dropped off after 7:40 AM MUST be accompanied by an adult to the office to be signed in.
Please tell your child’s teacher who will be picking your child up during our “Meet the Teacher” event or before school on Thursday August 4th
• Kindergarten and 1st Grade Students- will be picked up in the loop at Grijalva Park. Please pull your car all the way to the end of the loop near the ramada; an adult will assist your child to your car. For your child’s safety, please remind your child to get in the car from the passenger side.
• 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade Students- will be picked up in the main parking off Pin Oak. Please pull your car all the way to the end of the loop near the exit gate; an adult will assist your child to your car. For your child’s safety, please remind your child to get in the car from the passenger side. Students in grades 2nd-5th grade, who have a sibling in Kinder or 1st grade, will dismiss from the loop by Grijalva Park with the youngest sibling.
• Pick up on Drexel Road is reserved for Day Car Vans and Busses. Parents must follow one of the above procedures for pick-up depending on your child’s grade level.
• Students who are walking home are expected to leave school as soon as the bell rings and walk directly home.
Grijalva Elementary, named after Arizona Congressman Raul M. Grijalva, is located in Midvale Park. We are a K-5 school with a bilingual strand at each grade level. Grijalva Elementary is a recipient of the RAMP award (Recognized American School Counselors Association) which recognizes the absolute best practices in school counseling. Fewer than 200 schools in the United States have attained this recognition.
The Grijalva School Community promotes the success of all children by:
- Supporting each child's academic, emotional and social success
- Defining and communicating expectations
- Modeling and acknowledging positive behaviors
- Providing equitable educational opportunities for all children
- Respecting all learners
- Valuing a caring culture that extends to families and the community